Monday, July 10, 2006

Peace out, man

Not much new to report except we bought a couple of new houseplants. We had to re-arrange our houseplants because one was getting too much sun and one was not getting enough. I think they are thriving in their new places in the house. We bought a baby ficus to put near the front door (hopefully, it will not be a baby ficus forever), and we relegated the aglaomena or whatever to a corner in the living room. We also bought a peace lily to put where the rubber plant used to be and moved the rubber plant near one of the windows overlooking the backyard.

It's amazing how much we have learned about plants. We know now that we have four crepe myrtle trees and four crepe myrtle bushes in various places in the backyard as well as two crepe myrtle trees in the front. The red blooms make for a nice scene. We have a couple of cool-green colored bushes which we just learned was Texas sage; I love when they bloom their light purple flowers. We have a few honeysuckle bunches throughout the backyard as well besides all the various rose groupings (and the huge rose arbor).

I bought some seeds that I will need to plant soon. I have never planted anything from seed before, so I hope these do well. I bought some red hollyhocks, some forget-me-nots, and some English daisies.

No comments: