Saturday we bought a lot more plants; this time for the backyard. We planted a couple of petunias and four begonias for the area next to the gate. In the very back, we planted two hydrangea and two plumbagos. I wanted to get more, but I think I was getting a little flower crazy. We did notice a daisy had bloomed, and when I checked it out yesterday morning, two more had appeared.
The bad news is that for some mysterious reason, our sprinkler system has ceased to function. We're not sure if it has anything to do with the people who came to lay down fiber optic wire the other day, but it sure seems like a coincidence. I need to get a watering can because the impatiens we planted are looking a wee bit dried, and I want our new plants (especially the hydrangea and plumbago) to survive.
Simba is such a little beast. He actually yearns to be outside now. We let him wander around a bit on Saturday, and on Sunday he sat at the back door and meowed angrily at me till I accompanied him outside for a bit. I do think it's so cute that he enjoys the new house so much. He has also taken to sitting in the pantry.
Last night our mourning doves flew away, including the babies. We think that seeing Simba's glowing eyes watching them incessantly scared them off.
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment