One day I was looking for Simba, and I found him staring out the window in our "media" room. On the windowsill was a momma bird and a nest with two eggs. Actually, at the time one egg was out of the nest, but at some point she moved it back in. She must have jumped out and knocked one out when she saw the cat staring.
Well, I peek in on them in the morning and at night, and the other night I saw that the eggs had hatched! There were two baby birds, sleeping in the nest. This morning, I saw them fluttering underneath her. So cute!
In totally unrelated news, we had our first non-family guests over on Saturday night for a barbecue. I made dilly potato salad, queso, and some chocolate chip cookies, and Hank made some scrumptious hamburgers and hot dogs and some tangy margaritas. Unfortunately, it rained, but it was still fun, and I'm glad I got to see Anna Banana!
Monday, May 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Photos to follow, one of these days.
Post a Comment