Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Blight in the Attic

The other day Hank told me that he and Simba had heard something running around in the attic. I was blessed with hearing it a few days after that. It's really kind of scary to think that something is scrambling around in our attic... because HOW DID IT GET THERE? Hopefully, it's not a hole in the roof. I was thinking that maybe they came in through these pipes and crawled up through the walls... of course, why crawl to the attic and not into the actual house. I shudder to think about scary little beasts running around in our house.

Yesterday, I was walking around in the backyard with Simba, and I noticed that the Asiatic lilies, or whatever they were, appear to be growing! How exciting. For once, our buying perennials paid off!

Finally, we were watching TV last night when we heard a thonk at the window. Hank looked out and saw some feathers stuck to the window. I asked if there was a dead bird on the ground. There was. How sad! (But what I don't get is why the bird was flying into the window in the first place.)

No comments: